Sunday, April 15, 2007

I think I'm getting old.

My joints are sore in the morning when I wake up - like they thought I might have died and rigor mortis is setting in.

There's some hippy kid playing a drum outside my window, and I am not amused. Damn kids.

I just filed my first itemized tax return.

I don't want to socialize with my co-workers anymore... at all. I don't want any "kudos" or thank yous, or to grab a drink after work. I just want to do my job, and then go home where it's quiet and I can read.

Yikes. Who knew that 24-25 was the beginning of the end?

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hi Amy :) I'm blog surfing when I should be studying and had to comment on yours because I have found this to be so true too! I used to be able to stay up all night and have plenty of energy left the next day - not anymore! Every year I'd get a clean bill of health, hardly every sick - now it's rare to go a week without a trip to the doctors. By the end of a full day of working and classes, I don't want to go out with my friends - I want to come home and watch TV...with my 50 year old parents. What a glamourous life. Someone should tell the 21 year olds that they have just about peaked so they better enjoy it!

I hope you are enjoying your work in spite of the fact that we are old women now :)