Wednesday, January 09, 2002

first year anniversary - on the road to stardom

Break out the balloons and the party hats, kids! It's another alterna-versary!!

That's right folks. It was one year ago today, that a wide-eyed college freshman with bronchitis sat down to write her very first diaryland entry: "Ramblings of the Bed Ridden".

Little did she know the fame and fortune awaiting her in the world of online journals. Thousands would read her words, muse at her adventures, and ponder her conservative rants... but Amy Jo wasn't in it for the glitter and glamour of the spotlight.

She was just a girl... a girl with a mission.

***

Ok. So maybe when we start these journals, our minds are brimming with the possibilities that displaying a little bit of yourself to the world might bring. But lets face it... we can't all be the next Bobby.

And I have to say, I like my alterna-world just the way it is... with an elite crowd, if you will. Bobby's playing the half-time show at the Superbowl. This is a little jazz club on the other side of town.

***

Most people at big anniversary celebrations give some sort of a speech, and I just watched the music award videos, so I'm feeling inspired. I present the following speech... POP-STAR STYLE:

First of all, I've got to give props to God. Without him, none of this would've gone down. Also, a shout out and a big thanks to all of ya'll who've been reading this jazz. Props to Phin, Joe, Postwood, and everybody else whose been keeping up with my rhymes.

I'd like to dedicate this award (yes, I know I didn't actually get an award... Just go with me on this) to my sistas Lara and Mary K. Mary, for always stayin cool, and Lara who set up this journal for me, and made my first layout.

God Bless America. Peace out.

**

Ok. So maybe I'm not on my way to pop stardom either. Thanks none the less, if you're even still reading this, for coming to the party. Take some cake with you on your way out. See you next year. -amy jo

No comments: