Saturday, June 04, 2011

29th Birthday!

So we're sitting around the apartment on my birthday-eve. We'd made loose plans to go to this farm-to-table restaurant I'd been reading about online, but nothing concrete when Choi exclaims out of nowhere: "Hershey Park!"

Hershey Park is an amusement park in Hershey, Pennsylvania. The whole town is built around the Hershey Chocolate company. There's a Hershey School, Hershey Recreation Center, Hershey Hotel, Chocolate Avenue, Cocoa Drive - and Hershey Park: A chocolate themed amusement park.

We drove up the next morning and spent my whole birthday riding roller coasters together.



End of the day. I look a little disheveled - but Anthony looks so good in this photo I had to post it.

Choi and I in "The Kissing Tower" - a tall tower with Hershey Kiss shaped windows with an amazing view of Hershey, PA.

Hershey Park - Arial View

After the park, we had an amazing dinner in Hershey. I had this incredible de-constructed wedge salad. It was one of those meals you think about long afterwards. So delicious. Then at home, we ate key lime pie: homemade by Anthony, and cut using the knife set he bought me for my birthday.

I can't imagine having had a better day. It was fun, exciting, spontaneous and filled with things and people (one specifically) that I love.

28 was a rough year - one that I had to trudge my way through. I spent half of it unemployed, and the other half under-employed. I spend a quarter of it living in a weird basement, jobless and alone. I tried and failed to start a business.

All this to say - It felt good to start off 29 with a bang. It felt hopeful and exciting - A forecast of a more exciting future. One filled with more than just getting by.

No comments: