Thursday, August 16, 2007

The Latest Latest Update

I think I'm going to pass on the job.

  • It's two steps backwards. I think my resume is just starting to look really strong. In the past few years I've gone from having job experience that says I'm responsible and can handle administrative responsibility-- to developing, coordinating and managing programs. To go back to direct service at this point, is under-valuing the experience I've gained, and myself as an employee overall.

  • The location just isn't right. McKinney is just not where I see myself living. At least not happily. It's the epidomy of suburbia, with nothing to do other than visit other families with 2.5 kids and a dog. Nobody here is my age... It's just. not. right. (for me).

  • Frankly, I can't afford it. I've always been really proud of my ability to live happily on very little, but I also don't want to be digging coins out of my couch to pay my electric bill. After I finally got my truck started this morning, my Check Engine light was glaring at me; a painful reminder that my baby's on her last legs. I think she might go another 6 months, but not a full year, so I need to budget a car payment into my next salary. I don't need a lot to live on; but I want to be able to cover my expenses without scrounging - or reinstituting the "no eating" days that got me through college.

I think I was just jumping on the chance to have some kindof job. Caseworking children is really not something you can abandon after a few months. It requires a certain level of commitment, so it's definitely not something I could use as an "in between" job.

The search continues!

No comments: