Thursday, May 25, 2006

Pensacola

It's been ages since I updated this thing! Presently, I'm living in Pensacola, Florida working with Rebuild Northwest Florida, an organization set up after Hurricane Ivan that's been rebuilding houses down here since 2004. This will be my last project with Americorps, and I think it's going to be a good way to wind down the year.

In other news: My sister is coming to visit me on Sunday!! And on Monday, I will turn 24 years old. The government, in recognition of all the service I've done of late, has declared it a Federal holiday, and we all have the day off. Of course, it all has to be done under the guise of this "Memorial Day," so the other kids won't get jealous.

Side note: I'm updating this in a hospital cafeteria. There's an older, balding guy across the room, who is also bumming the wireless internet, and is using it to download risque pictures of young girls in red underwear.

I guess that's it for now! Things are good. Sorry I don't have pictures for you. My camera broke in New Orleans!

No comments: