Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Grrr.

Man, what a frustrating day! I didn't get enough sleep to start off with, then my boss asked me to stay an extra forty minutes, which turned into an hour, and then an hour and a half. When I finally skipped out the door, oh so happy to be free, my car wouldn't start and needed much more than a jump. After calling a tow truck, and waiting another hour for a wonderful friend to drive all the way out to Bee Caves to pick me up (thank you so much, stephen!!), I ended up being at work from 7:15-5:30, and missing hope group (which I later heard was awesome.)

I think the worst part is, I just got enough money saved up to buy my plane ticket to see my sister in December, but now I'll probably spend all of that fixing my truck. Blech. I hate days like this.

All right, enough complaining. Good things about today:

1. Since my car is in the shop, I can't work tomorrow - so I don't have to get up at 6:00. Extra sleep is always good.

2. I got to spend some fun time with Ruth tonight, while I would normally have been at hope group, and we finally watched Cold Mountain.

3. Via this experience, I was reminded of just how awesome my friends are.

Jesus, help me see good everywhere I look.... please. =)

No comments: