Friday, July 20, 2001

mysteries... oh never mind.

Mysteries of the World: part I

At the Burger King we have a sink on the floor with foot high walls where we empty the mop buckets and the like. Today, I was cleaning out a grease bucket, and saw a baby cricket in the bottom. I tried to scoop it out with some cardboard... I mean could I really live with myself if I killed baby crickets with dirty grease water?

... Wait a minute... I just realized how dumb this story would sound if you hadn't been there...

***SUBJECT CHANGE***

My folks are out of town, so me and my roomie, (also named Amy) went to the Walmart at about 2am last night with a friend. We took a camera, and had a grand time. I'll try to post some pics later. We also hit the IHOP while we were out. God bless the 24 hour stores.

***

I almost forgot the best story. I was driving around town with my friends the other night, (because in small towns that's what you do... drive around, I mean.) We got pulled over for an out of date inspection sticker... blah blah blah... can I see your license, and all that bit... but right before he leaves...

He turns to the window with his hands on his hips, in a Peter Pan, save the world stance, and says, oh so deliberately: "They're not my laws ma'mm. They're the state of Texas'. I just enforce them."

... And then he flew away in a whirl wind of fire, lept over a tall building, and pulled a small child from a well...

No comments: