Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Going on vacation!!

A real honest-to-God vacation. It's not a holiday or a wedding, and it's not my only chance to see someone. A just-for-fun, no obligations vacation.

To Philly! Home of the Cheesesteak, the Declaration of Independence, Rocky, The Liberty Bell... Betsy Ross...that LOVE statue... and some other stuff I'm sure I'll find out about once I get there.

In the meantime, I have one more day of work to get through...

This job... Oh man. Higher highs and lower lows. I love what I do, love working in the community, love being given so much freedom to create and really own my programs... But it can be really challenging working for a start-up non-profit. There's so much uncertainty...

Sometimes you just want someone to come in and say: "Here is your goal, a map, and a how-to book." Instead, we're making the map and the how-to book, while at a full sprint to an undetermined end...

It sure beats paper-pushing... But I'm ready for a little break.

No comments: