Thursday, November 15, 2007

A Poor Excuse for a Blog Entry, but a Blog Entry None-the-Less.

I wish my life were a little more interesting when I had time to blog, and that I would take the time when my life is very interesting to blog.

This is the curse of auto-biographical writing.

State of Amy:

Currently living in Denton, Texas in my own ridiculously large apartment. Working as a case-worker, processing 2050 forms, and wearing panty-hose daily. Am in proximity to my very cool family, and next week will be home for Thanksgiving for the first time in a while. Dating an amazing guy, and trying to figure out how something like love fits into life. Missing New Orleans, and missing feeling that my work is meaningful and important. Already thinking about what's next.

You'd think with all the time I spend doing nothing in a day, I'd be able to write more. But my boss is very adamant that I do nothing else, except their nothing while on the clock.

Everyday I wait and pray for 5:00pm.

P.S. I just read back over my update, and it occurs to me that in New Orleans - my work was satisfying and rewarding, but my personal life was failing. Having left, my personal life is flourishing, but my job is an 8 hour waste of breath. I can't believe that 4 months ago, I was putting hurricane victims back in their homes in beautiful New Orleans - right in the middle of a unique moment in history. And now I sit in a cubicle every day shuffling meaningless papers from one file to another.

I accept that you can't have everything you want in life, but surely there's a middle ground to be found?

No comments: