Monday, July 09, 2007

I've been up all night. Between my smoke alarm beeping every two minutes to let me know the battery is dead, and my mind swimming with a number of work and personal anxieties, I just couldn't shut myself down.

Now it's 6am. My alarm clock is going off in two hours, and frankly - at this point, it's easier just to caffeinate and plow through the day. And really, I'm not that tired. My mind won't slow down.

I wish I didn't think so much, or so far into everything.

Actually, no. I like that about myself. I just wish I had a little more control over it. I wish at 11 o'clock I could crawl into bed, flip a switch, and stop thinking about everything. I wish I could live a little more in the moment. I wish I could turn all that worrying and analyzing into something useful.

Suddenly I'm really tired. Maybe I'll take a quick nap before work.

No comments: