Wednesday, November 29, 2006

My Crazy Job

One of the short-term volunteers helped give me some job clarification on her way out the door. During her goodbye speach, she quoted John Wesley:

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can."

That's all you can do. I think I've been getting bogged down in paperwork and logistics too much lately. I think I should spend most of my energy trying to get resources to people, and then let the logistical/administrative end of it all be an afterthought.

---
Our staff reviews are coming up this week, and I need to decide if I'll be staying on past January or not. I've been offered a pretty amazing job - the kindof thing I used to dream about in college, but to be totally honest: The thought of staying here any longer makes me incredibly sad. I am -- exhausted. I don't have a backup plan, and I don't care. I'm pretty sure I'd rather work at McDonalds than keep up this crazy lifestyle.

I love my job - but the simple truth of it is - it's going to kill me.

No comments: