Wednesday, March 10, 2004

a shiny new amy

Hello again, world.

Let's play catch-up.

Last you heard, I was a student at UT, probably still undeclared, missions-minded, messy, dateless, a conan lover, prone to conservative rants, and fondly called 'amy jo'.

The new Amy (with less and less people adding the 'jo') has graduated! I finally settled in on Religious Studies - that's right, up to my eyes in debt, and here's what I've learned: You can't really understand a religion from the outside. You can read the texts, and know the doctrine, but it's only from the position of worshipper, before God - that you'll really begin to "get it". end tangent.

I'm sad to report, I'm still messy, and consequently dateless. I still love Conan, though he's no longer a nightly ritual... and every now and then, I may bust out with a conservative rant - but only because I can't bite my tongue.

Those who read this for a laugh, will be happy to hear, I'm still quite socially awkuard, and say the most horrendous things at the worst times, and am often quite misunderstood by the general public.

---

So why the sudden come-back? I'm about to start a whole new life. In August, I may be moving to North Carolina to live with my sister for a year, and help care for her children while she finishes college. Hating to think of leaving all my friends, I thought it'd be great to keep a web log - so I started one at www.blogger.com, but then remembered my abandoned alterna-world, and it's nice people, and user-friendliness.... hence the ressurection.

Here's to a fresh start!

No comments: