Monday, April 30, 2001

mad about music

How many times have your friends let you down?

Does anybody care? Is anybody there?

How many days have you just slept away?

Have they ever seen your heart?

Have they ever seen your pain?

Life is waiting for you. It's all messed up, but we'll survive. Life is waiting for you. It's all messed up, but we're alive...


Lyrics from my favorite band. I'm not even a depressed teenager anymore, but I still love this stuff. I guess I'm more a stereotype than I thought I was. Or maybe I just use songs like that to better express my own regret about my past. I mean about all the days I did 'sleep away', so to speak.
I think one of the finer joys of music is having someone else put your own emotions into words, even if those are emotions of depression or sadness. Well, I hate to ramble, but I am a future music major. What did you expect?

No comments: